Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Bondage

My love for you is weakness
my everlasting sorrow
draped about my shoulders
a cruel razor across my pale skin.

A compromise of trembling flesh
where crimson trickles from the wound
Blood mingling and merging with tears,
one flow indistinguishable from the other.

A smothered heart and gasping breaths
If love could die then I could live
But love endures at my expense
and passion stands immortal.

Against all reason, I long to resist a haunting futility.
A whispering bondage, an ever present pinprick
A quivering cloak...invisible, wrapped light about me
and at my feet, desire collected.

Relentlessly swimming in a magnificent pool of pain.
If there is no you, there is  but a ghost of me.
The new day ensures my suffering.
It always will be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment