Saturday, September 3, 2011

Reunion


R: Holy Shit. It IS you!


J: Excuse me. Are you talking to me?


R: Jackie...you don't recognize me? Wow that
hurts.
And after all we meant to one another.


J: Oh my God! Ricky? This is too much. I heard
you
were sick a few years ago. I actually
thought you
might have died.

R: That was a rumor...started by sick,bitter people
who actually claim to be my friends. Nevertheless,
I hope you sent flowers.

J: Hah...don't flatter yourself. I've been busy
living life dear boy. Academia...what about you?

I thought you were going to be a rock star.

R: Yeah, well sometimes life has other plans.
But you...I thought you were going to cure cancer.
How did that work out?

J: Very funny. Life has been okay. I hope to retire
from teaching and research in the near future.

R: (awkward pause...looking her over)
Christ you're
fat! Is this what happens
when you just don't give
a shit what other
people think of you?


J:( sudden restrained contempt)...You're one to talk.
What happened to your hippie hair and grand artistic
expressions? How is the world better because of you?

R: I could ask you the same question but I think I'll ask this
one instead. Were you always such a bitch and I just didn't
notice?

J: Hey, YOU started this conversation. And you know what?
You were, and still are, a whiny insecure little asshole.

R: Oh really...coming from you that means nothing. Have a little
respect for our past relationship. As I recall you WANTED to
be a member of my harem. Admit it.

J: Stop living in the past, Ricky. It's a dead end.

R: It pains me to hear you say that, Jackie. What hurts the most
is that it brought us here to this moment and now the memory
has changed.

J: Sorry to burst your bubble sweetheart.

R Did I happened to mention that you are a bitch. Not just a bitch
though... a world class self-absorbed micro witch.

J: Fuck you.

R: Nooooo...Fuck YOU. ( pensive pause) It's no secret that I
always liked Cindy more than you.

J: (noticeably irritated) Oh really? Well SHE always liked BILLY
more than you. Hah...take that you dickwad loser.

R: That's it. We're done ( walking away) Eat me Jackie!
Just eat me.

J: It would be a small meal Ricky... a very small meal....(an insincere smile)

R: Stop calling Ricky! It's Rick.

J: Yeah, I know ...rhymes with dick.

R: Oh fuck you ( nearly gone then stops and looks back)
I guess this means we won't be seeing you at the reunion?

J: Oh honey... I wouldn't miss it for the world...not after today.

R: Bite me!

J: You're so juvenile...but just for the record... eat ME with a spoon.

R: Fuck you.

J: Fuck you. (continues shopping)

No comments:

Post a Comment